Spring has sprung!
The birds are chirping, freshly chopped grass, clear blue sky, and just an eye-pleasing sight! You have to do oh-so-perfect things at this perfect time: Scrub away the roller shutters and plantation shutters. It might seem like a task to put at the end of the list.
However, if you keep neglecting the shutter maintenance London, its working mechanism will only worsen with time. And it’s even possible the state of replacement comes in. Be it roller shutters or plantation shutters; the professional tips are worth making the working mechanism stand out under all possible considerations.
Pro Tip: How to clean the roller shutters from the exterior?
Before I proceed with the tips, keep in mind. Whether your premises have Domestic Shutters In London, industrial shutters, or any other options, don’t neglect the cleaning and maintenance part from time to time.
In case while cleaning you notice the shutters are damaged, or something is wrong, then call the professionals for shutter repair London at the earliest.
So, for external surface cleaning of the roller shutters, follow the given tips:
- Always pull the roller shutters down to the surface.
- Clean the exterior surface with a soapy mixture of detergent/dishwashing liquid and water.
- Use a clean sponge or cotton fabric shirt to wipe down the surface. The soapy mixture removes the dirt and dust, leaving it squeaky clean.
- Use a garden hose to wipe down the shutter surface. But, never put excess pressure on the shutters as it can damage the paint. Be cautious of not putting the water near the motor.
- Once done, you can dry the roller shutter with a cloth by using up and down motion. Or you can leave it as it is for a quick dry out.
Pro Tip: How to clean roller shutters from the inside?
Don’t forget to clean the inside as it does through the same impact. To clean the interior of shutters, follow the given tips:
- It would help if you rolled the shutters halfway to make them easier to clean. It might seem stressful, but it improves the roller shutter’s longevity for many more years.
- Take a cloth or mop to wipe away the spider webs, dirt, and dust. Make a soapy solution to clean the inside of the shutters.
- The rest of the cleaning approach is the same as the exterior cleaning for roller shutters.
If you would like to use any lubricant to boost the working of moving part of the shutters, then always ask the professionals as some of them might have abrasive material that affects the shutter surface.
How clean are plantation shutters?
- Use a vacuum attached with a soft brush to wipe away the shutters’ dirt, dust, and debris.
- Make sure to wipe down each slat with a dry cloth. Just for additional cleaning to ensure nothing is left behind.
- Depending on the plantation shutters, follow the further cleaning steps. Like timber, limit the use of water as it won’t take it.
- Let the shutters dry out.